How to bet on NFL games? NFL (National Football League) has a huge infusion of money wagered in the various betting houses in the world, especially in the United States. In the 2017 season alone, the Nevada Gaming Control Board reported $ 4.8 billion wagered. In that year, they generated $ 248.7 million in revenue for the books.
Let us find out How to bet on NFL games?
Simple NFL bets are usually offered with mummies of 10:11 or -110. This means that you need to bet $ 110 to win $ 100. It is very important to note that these simple bets are not to bet on the winner of the match but to bet on the winner of the match taking into account the points line of the match.
The dotted line is the number of points for which one team is favorite over another in a given match. For example, for a game like Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears like the one in Week 1 of the 2019 season, Green Bay was a favorite by 9 points. So if the bet was for the Packers, the result would be:
– Winning bet: Win Green Bay for more than 9 points.
– Draw in the bet (return the amount): Win Green Bay exactly for 9 points.
– Losing bet: Win Green Bay for less than 9 points, tie or win Chicago.
The dotted line calculation takes into account two things:
– Mathematical calculation of the average margin of victory.
– Measurement of public perception towards the event.
The betting strategy:
Like any investment, bets are at risk. Therefore it is very important that a bettor, whether casual or professional has very clear 3 things:
1. Budget: The amount of money willing to risk. As a reference, we will use an amount of $ 1,000 USD as willing to risk.
2.Weather: The time for which you will be betting, in that case as a reference we will use the 2018 NFL season.
3. Strategy: The strategy for your bets so that you can reach that 54% success. Read more about NFL here.
While bet NFL, a bettor must have a very clear strategy. This includes following the entire season closely, taking into account absolutely all the details and preferably creating a mathematical model.